Terms and Conditions
Date of Last Revision: July 21, 2020
These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to You from the time that ZapERP provides You with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom You are using the Service. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
These Terms were last updated on 21 May 2018. The significant changes from the previous 15 March 2017 edition are:
“Access Fee” ” means the monthly fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by You following the fee schedule set out on the Website (which ZapERP may change from time to time on notice to You).
“Confidential Information” includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but did not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorized disclosure by the other party.
“Data” means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website.“Intellectual Property Right” means any patent, trademark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
“Service” means the online accounting and personal finance management services made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by ZapERP ) via the Website.
“Website” means the Internet site at the domain www.ZapERP.com or any other site operated by AvanSaber Inc or AvanSaber Technologies Pvt Ltd.
“ZapERP” – A software as a service offered by AvanSaber Inc which is register in the United States and all current and future global subsidiaries of ‘AvanSaber Technologies Pvt Ltd (India)’ including, without limitation AvanSaber Inc (United States).
“Invited User” means any person or entity, other than the Subscriber, that uses the Service with the authorization of the Subscriber from time to time.
“Subscriber” means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
“You” means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User.
“Your” has a corresponding meaning.
2. Use of Software
ZapERP grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
- The Subscriber determines who is an Invited User and what level of user role access to the relevant organization and Service that Invited User has;
- The Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users’ use of the Service;
- The Subscriber controls each Invited User’s level of access to the relevant organization and Service at all times and can revoke or change an Invited User’s access, or level of access, at any time and for any reason. In this case, that person or entity will cease to be an Invited User or shall have that different level of access, as the case may be;
- If there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access to any organization or Service, the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
3. Your Obligations
- Payment Obligations: An invoice for the Access Fee will be issued each month starting one month from the date You added Your first organization to Your ZapERP account. All invoices will include the Access Fee for the preceding period one month of use. ZapERP will continue invoicing You monthly until this Agreement terminates under clause 8. All ZapERP invoices will be sent to You, or to a Billing Contact whose details are provided by You, by email. You must pay or arrange payment of all amounts specified in any invoice by the due date and are payable within ten days of the invoice date. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Access Fee.
- Preferential pricing or discounts: You may from time to time be offered preferred pricing or discounts for the Access Fees as a result of the number of organizations that You have added to the Service or that have been added with Your authority or as a result of Your use of the Service (‘Organizations’). Eligibility for such preferential pricing or discounts is conditional upon Your acceptance of responsibility for payment of any Access Fees concerning all of Your Organizations. Without prejudice to any other rights that ZapERP may have under these Terms or at law, ZapERP reserves the right to render invoices for the full (non-discounted) Access Fees due or suspend or terminate. Your use of the Service in respect of any or all of Your Organizations if any invoices for those Access Fees are not paid in full by the due date for payment.
- General obligations: You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business purposes, by these Terms and any notice sent by ZapERP or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or provide services to others, but if You do so, you must ensure that You are authorized to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are being provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
- Automated Bank transaction data delivered into Your ZapERP account: Where available, automated bank account transaction data feeds generally provided to You free of charge. However, ZapERP reserves the right to pass on any costs related to the provision of bank feed data on a case-by-case basis at ZapERP ’s sole discretion. ZapERP would first inform You via email to indicate what those charges are likely to be (as such expenses may vary depending on Your bank and Your volume of bank feeds). You have the option to decide to discontinue the use of automated bank feeds at any time. To exercise this option, you must give ZapERP sufficient prior notice of which electronic bank account transaction data feeds you want to discontinue. Upon receiving such notice, ZapERP will arrange for such feeds to terminate by each bank’s usual practices.
- Access conditions:
- You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify ZapERP of any unauthorized use of your passwords, or any other breach of security and ZapERP will reset your password, and you must take all other actions that ZapERP reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of ZapERP ‘s computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
- As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of ZapERP ‘s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
- not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other methods used to deliver the Services or reduce the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
- not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any materials other than those to which You are given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services hosted;
- not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use);
- not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
- By enabling the multi-currency functionality within the Services You confirm that You have read and accepted the GOOGLE.com terms and conditions for the use of the Google Currency service.
- Usage Limitations: Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to monthly transaction volumes and the number of calls You are permitted to make against ZapERP ’s application programming interface. Any such limitations will advise.
- Communication Conditions: As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (such as any forum, chat room or message center), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): offers of goods or services for sale, unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use). When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. ZapERP is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based forum, You must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website. However, ZapERP does reserve the right to remove any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
- Indemnity: You indemnify ZapERP (& AvanSaber Inc (United States) / AvanSaber Technologies Pvt Ltd (India)) against all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to ZapERP, including (but not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Access Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
4. Confidentiality and Privacy
- Confidentiality: Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
- Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
- Each party’s obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- The provisions of clauses 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
- is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
- is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
- is in possession of the receiving party without restriction about exposure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
- is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
5. Intellectual Property
- General: Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of ZapERP (or its licensors).
- Ownership of Data: Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. However, Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the ZapERP Access Fee when due. You grant ZapERP a license to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data to enable You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to the provision of services to You.
- Backup of Data: You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. ZapERP adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. ZapERP expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
Third-party applications and your Data: If You enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, You acknowledge that ZapERP may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. ZapERP shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
6. Warranties and Acknowledgements
- Authority: You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person. You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person and agree that by registering to use the Service. You bind the person on whose behalf You act to the performance of any obligations that You become subject to by these Terms, without limiting Your obligations under these Terms.
- Acknowledgment: You acknowledge that:
- You are authorized to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorized to use the Service. You are also allowed to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
- ZapERP has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
- You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
- You are responsible for authorizing any person who given access to information or Data, and you agree that ZapERP has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorization and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
- You will indemnify ZapERP against any claims or loss relating to:
- ZapERP ‘s refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data by these Terms,
- ZapERP ’s making available information or Data to any person with Your Authorization.
- The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an “as is ” basis and at Your own risk.
- ZapERP does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks, and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. ZapERP is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
- ZapERP is not Your accountant, and use of the Services does not constitute the receipt of accounting advice. If You have any accounting questions, please contact an accountant.
- It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they used.
- You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software, and the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
- No warranties: ZapERP gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the preceding, ZapERP does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
Consumer guarantees: You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
7. Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, ZapERP excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
- If You suffer loss or damage as a result of ZapERP ‘s negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against ZapERP arising from ZapERP ‘s negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected events, to the Access Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
- If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms by Clause 8.
- Trial policy: When You first sign up for access to the Services You can evaluate the Services under the defined trial usage conditions, with no obligation to continue to use the Services. If You choose to keep using the Services after that, You will be billed from the day You first added Your billing details into the Services. If You decide not to continue using the Services, You may delete Your organization in the ‘My ZapERP ‘ section of the Services.
- Prepaid Subscriptions: ZapERP will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
- No-fault termination: These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Access Fee paid or payable under clause 3.1. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically extend for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee when due, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving notice to the other party at least 30 days before the end of the relevant payment period. If You conclude these Terms, You shall be liable to pay all applicable Access Fees on a pro-rata basis for each day of the then current period up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
- Breach: If You:
- breach any of these Terms (including, without limitation, by non-payment of any Access Fees) and do not remedy the violation within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being corrected;
- breach any of these Terms, and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.4 or any payment of Access Fees that are more than 30 days overdue); or
- You or Your business become insolvent, or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
ZapERP may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
- Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend for any definite or indefinite period, Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
- Take either of the actions in sub-clauses (d), (e) and (f) of this clause 8(4) in respect of any or all other persons whom You have authorized to have access to Your information or Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Access Fees due about any of Your Billing Contacts, Billing Plans or any of Your Organizations (as defined at clause 3) is not made in full by the relevant due date, ZapERP may: suspend or terminate. Your use of the Service, the authority for all or any of Your Organizations to use the Service or Your rights of access to all or any Data.
- Accrued Rights: Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
- remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after completion; and
immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
Expiry or termination: Clauses 3.1, 3.7, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
9. Help Desk
- Technical Problems: In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting ZapERP. If You still need professional help, please check the support provided online by ZapERP on the Website or failing that email us at [email protected]
- Service availability: while ZapERP intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place.
If for any reason ZapERP has to interrupt the Services for more extended periods than ZapERP would generally expect, ZapERP will use reasonable endeavors to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
- Waiver: If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other violation. No waiver will be valid unless made in writing.
- Delays: Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
- No Assignment: You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without ZapERP ‘s prior written consent.
- Governing law and jurisdiction: If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms then the State of Delaware law governs this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts of Delaware or federal court of Delaware for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in India at the time that You accept these terms then India law governs this Agreement, and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States at the time that You accept these terms then United States law governs this Agreement, and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. In all other situations, this Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and You at this moment submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
- Severability: If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision replace with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
- Notices: Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have given on transmission. Notices to ZapERP must be sent to [email protected] or any different email address notified by email to You by ZapERP. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
- Rights of Third Parties: A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.
- Lifetime License: The term “Lifetime” refers to the lifetime of the Product. It does not mean the buyer’s lifetime or any other assumption of the term. The product lifetime is not defined at the time of purchase. AvanSaber & ZapERP reserves the right to announce the end of Lifetime of a product any time within 30 and 90 days prior notice to the Customer.
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an essential piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation will become valid and enforceable on the 25th of May 2018.
Our commitment: ZapERP is fully committed to achieving compliance with the GDPR before the regulation’s effective date.
What is ZapERP doing about the GDPR?
We take our responsibilities under GDPR seriously. That’s why we embarked on a program to identify which measures we need to implement to be compliant with GDPR and worked to achieve them before time 25 May this year. Here is a quick summary of what we’ve done:
Update the company’s Privacy Compliance Program with continuous employee training to reflect the changes to be implemented for the GDPR – Complete.
We conducted a comprehensive GDPR audit and gap assessment. Our product and security teams have identified necessary changes/improvements to our product and are working to implement those – Complete.
We are well underway with engaging all key third-party vendors to make sure we have the appropriate contractual protections in place that satisfy GDPR requirements – Complete.
Appoint a Data Protection Officer – Complete.
We’re refining procedures to deal with some key data subject rights, like subject access requests and the right to request deletion.
However, at the moment – we will be more than happy to assist with all such requests.
Please email us here:
We’ve produced a GDPR compliant Data Processing Addendum (link) – Complete.